Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Canandaigua Lake Bike Ride

I had a little free time yesterday afternoon and I hatched a plan that has been in the works for a while now.  I wanted to ride my bike around Canandaigua Lake.  I figured it was around 50 miles or so and the weather was supposed to clear so I headed out on the roadie for some pedaling fun.  The clouds never let up all day long but the rain never fell either!

View to the South of Canandaigua Lake
This is a beautiful part of New York - the Finger Lakes Region.  A lot of bike riding and wine tours in the area.  I am not into one of the two and I will leave it to you to guess which one that is ;)
Looking North East over Canandaigua Lake towards Syracuse, NY area
 This was a great ride - as good as I had expected it to be.  I wish I had a road map for the area so I could explore some more on the side roads and to maybe ride around the whole lake instead of off in the country side which I was forced to most of the ride.  I didn't want to make a wrong turn and have to climb back up - 1 of those was more than enough!  Bopple Hill Rd - they had paintings like they do on the climbs during the Tour De France - it was pretty cool - but man what a hill!  No pictures of that I had to keep pedaling to make it to the top!
Fall is coming but the leaves are still mainly green

Canandaigua Lake

Same View Sideways Though


All downhill from here!

Family Cemetery from early 1900's
All in all it was a great ride and one I would love to do again.  I want to ride around all the Finger Lakes and then put a plan into motion to ride around 1 great lake a summer.  That would be pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment